Something wierd...

Discuss usability issues, general maintenance, and general support issues for a grsecurity-enabled system.

Something wierd...

Postby deegan » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:18 am

No need, entered chat-mode instead and it worked.. wierdo, killer app guys!

ORIGINAL MESSAGE
I compiled in grsecurity with 2.6.7 and i most admit at first i compiled in waaaay to much stuff (got carried away haha). But that was fixed by a bit of reconfiguring. I've never used grsecurity before but figured it'd be best to get going with something that guru's i know work with..

My problem might not be a direct problem with grsecurity but since it happend after i had added the patch/recompiled/rebooted (the usual stuff) i just gotta ask you guys here.

At first i compiled in rules for chroot jail and when i would start a screen i'd get the standard bash line like bash-versionnumerhere-$ instead of my regular $PS1, i didnt really think much of it but when i start centericq (wich also recompiled just to be sure it wasn't something with the first compile messing with grsec) i cant use the enter key to read messages, it's really silly i know but if i hit M or G to get a menu i can pick anything there with the enterkey.

I'm not really comfortable with what too look for in logfiles etc. so i'd love some help in trying to locate anything and anything. I did compile the PaX stuff out and the chroot jail options out the 2nd time i tryed it and i got my reguler $PS1 but the problem with the enterkey persists.
deegan

Return to grsecurity support