Grsecurity with kernel 2.6

Discuss usability issues, general maintenance, and general support issues for a grsecurity-enabled system.

Grsecurity with kernel 2.6

Postby jggb02 » Fri May 14, 2004 12:01 am

I'm willing to use grsecurity with 2.6.5 kernel but I have some questions: is there a way to disable LSM? (in order to avoid those security problems related to LSM, like the exported symbols). And how should I configure the SECURITY, SECURITY_CAPATIBILITIES, and SECURITY_NETWORK kernel options, I mean, can I activate these options even if I'm using grsecurty?

Sorry for the poor english, and thanks for any help.

Joao Gustavo, Brazil
jggb02

Postby spender » Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:18 am

Just keep CONFIG_SECURITY disabled. Grsecurity is not at all dependent on it, and you will retain the features of a normal kernel without LSM.

-Brad
spender

Re: Grsecurity with kernel 2.6

Postby c0ldbyte » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:55 pm

jggb02 wrote:I'm willing to use grsecurity with 2.6.5 kernel but I have some questions: is there a way to disable LSM? (in order to avoid those security problems related to LSM, like the exported symbols). And how should I configure the SECURITY, SECURITY_CAPATIBILITIES, and SECURITY_NETWORK kernel options, I mean, can I activate these options even if I'm using grsecurty?

Sorry for the poor english, and thanks for any help.

Joao Gustavo, Brazil

I second that, first of all if you arent running anything with NSA's SELinux tools then you have no reason to enable it in the first place, unless you plan on writing your own tools. 8)
c0ldbyte

Return to grsecurity support