Can't login due to grsecurity, Please HELP!

Discuss usability issues, general maintenance, and general support issues for a grsecurity-enabled system.

Can't login due to grsecurity, Please HELP!

Postby woutert » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:40 pm

Since today i can't login to my box. This pretty filechecked up. I don't wanna reboot because of this joke. I get this error:

grsec: failed fork with errno -11 by (pure-ftpd-mysql:11297) UID(0) EUID(0), parent (init:1) UID(0) EUID(0)

With every login i get that. So if i trie to login at 21.00pm i get that error. If i trie to login at 22.00pm i get that error. I don't know how to solve because i can't get into the machine due to that error. Even with the old fasion monitor and keyboard it is not willing to let me in because of that error.
woutert

Re: Can't login due to grsecurity, Please HELP!

Postby PaX Team » Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:52 pm

woutert wrote:Since today i can't login to my box. This pretty filechecked up. I don't wanna reboot because of this joke. I get this error:

grsec: failed fork with errno -11 by (pure-ftpd-mysql:11297) UID(0) EUID(0), parent (init:1) UID(0) EUID(0)
i don't think grsecurity is causing this, it's rather reporting the fork failure. could someone have tried the recently released mremap exploit on your machine?
PaX Team

Re: Can't login due to grsecurity, Please HELP!

Postby woutert » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:25 pm

PaX Team wrote:
woutert wrote:Since today i can't login to my box. This pretty filechecked up. I don't wanna reboot because of this joke. I get this error:

i don't think grsecurity is causing this, it's rather reporting the fork failure. could someone have tried the recently released mremap exploit on your machine?

Nah, because i dont supply shell access. After a reboot (god damn :)) it all seems to work fine. I blaim mysql, because pure-ftpd always check's if the mysql connection is up, i think this time it went wrong and i got load over 160. Hope to find a solution tomorrow, now i need to go to bed, tomorrow 6.00am time to work :lol:.
woutert

Return to grsecurity support