exec_logging extra-logfile

Discuss usability issues, general maintenance, and general support issues for a grsecurity-enabled system.

exec_logging extra-logfile

Postby derRichard » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:23 pm

hi!

i use linux2.4.21-grsec with exec_logging, all exec were logged in /var/log/kern.log.

syslog.conf:
kern.* -/var/log/kern.log

is there a way to log all execs to an extra-file?
kern.log becomes realy big...

thx for help.
//richard
derRichard

Postby Sleight of Mind » Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:46 am

i use metalog and it can do regex, so i just added a check for !grsec to all logs the messages would normally go into, and add a special file logging only grsec messages. I guess there must be some way of doing this with syslogd, altho i don't know exactly how to do it. I guess the syslogd manuals are a good start ;)
Sleight of Mind

Postby derRichard » Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:28 am

Sleight of Mind wrote:i use metalog and it can do regex, so i just added a check for !grsec to all logs the messages would normally go into, and add a special file logging only grsec messages. I guess there must be some way of doing this with syslogd, altho i don't know exactly how to do it. I guess the syslogd manuals are a good start ;)

hi!

i know about the "syslogd-way". ;)

//richard
derRichard

Postby goodbyte » Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:28 am

I don't think ordinary syslog can do regex matching, but I know both syslog-ng and metalog can. Maybe you should change your system-logger?
goodbyte

Postby derRichard » Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:40 am

goodbyte wrote:I don't think ordinary syslog can do regex matching, but I know both syslog-ng and metalog can. Maybe you should change your system-logger?

hi!

it works fine with syslog-ng. :)
thx for the info!

//richard
derRichard

Return to grsecurity support