Making and using "gradm" initially

Discuss usability issues, general maintenance, and general support issues for a grsecurity-enabled system.

Making and using "gradm" initially

Postby Construx » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:30 am

Having now installed the grsec patch to a Debian kernel, I am looking at the instructions in your procedure pertaining to the gradm installation and use on this page: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Grsecurity ... on_Utility. It says, "If your Linux distribution provides ready-made grsecurity kernel packages, they will very likely provide a package for gradm too. If that is the case you should consider using it before compiling gradm yourself." I checked the main repository and indeed there is a package called "gradm2". Therefore, I installed it even though the name you mentioned was gradm, and the repo's version is gradm2. It shows to be gradm v2.9.1 when I used the command "gradm2 -v", and, as far as I can tell right now, it appears to be working. I am under the impression that this is fine to use with the kernel I compiled with "grsecurity-2.9.1-3.2.48-201306302051.patch", which I downloaded from your sites recommended source. Does that all sound right to you too? Thanks.
Construx

Return to grsecurity support