Documentation: roles, subjects

Discuss usability issues, general maintenance, and general support issues for a grsecurity-enabled system.

Documentation: roles, subjects

Postby Elven » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:35 am

I cant seem to find any documentation on roles (or any recent documentation at all, for that matter, just that old paper on 1.x), how to use them correctly, what they are good for, and what the whole fuss is about. :/

After searching the forums up and down and nibbling stuff here and there, I'm giving up.

What is this whole *_transition_* stuff? How do I run services as a specific role; should I do that? Why not just put appropriate access flags on all required things in a services' subject?

People on the fora seem to know what they are talking about. That is somewhat frustrating, as it seems im missing out some documentation that I haven't been able to unearth. :cry:

There's so much in the default policy I cannot find documentation on; and although I consider myself somewhat adept at figuring tech stuff out, most people are not.

I'd be willing to write up decent documentation on that in the wiki - only I am not sure I understand half of it correctly, and I find it rather tiresome playing n+ hours with a vm/sandbox to figure it all out myself.

-- Elven
Elven

Return to grsecurity support