Linux-Libre + Grsecurity

Discuss usability issues, general maintenance, and general support issues for a grsecurity-enabled system.

Linux-Libre + Grsecurity

Postby Sim » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:11 am

Hello everyone,

I tried to compile the linux-libre-3.2.57 kernel with the grsecurity-3.0-3.2.57 patch, but I didn't succeeded. After I used "make menuconfig" to configure the options of Gresecurity, the command "fakeroot make deb-pkg" resulted in the error shown on the bottom of this post. My operating system is Trisquel, which based on Ubuntu, and the compiler is gcc-4.8. The compilation of the linux-libre kernel without the grsecurty patch worked well. Is Gresecurity incompatible with the Linux-Libre kernel?

Thanks for your help! And thanks to the Grsecurity+PaX team for your hard work! It's incredible you created such a great security software.

Code: Select all
[sim@sys][linux-3.2.57]$ fakeroot make deb-pkg
make KBUILD_SRC=
  HOSTCXX -fPIC tools/gcc/colorize_plugin.o
tools/gcc/colorize_plugin.c:19:2: error: expected primary-expression before ‘.’ token
tools/gcc/colorize_plugin.c:20:2: error: expected primary-expression before ‘.’ token
tools/gcc/colorize_plugin.c:98:2: error: expected primary-expression before ‘.’ token
tools/gcc/colorize_plugin.c:100:3: error: expected primary-expression before ‘.’ token
tools/gcc/colorize_plugin.c:101:3: error: expected primary-expression before ‘.’ token
tools/gcc/colorize_plugin.c:103:3: error: expected primary-expression before ‘.’ token
tools/gcc/colorize_plugin.c:109:3: error: expected primary-expression before ‘.’ token
tools/gcc/colorize_plugin.c:110:3: error: expected primary-expression before ‘.’ token
tools/gcc/colorize_plugin.c:111:3: error: expected primary-expression before ‘.’ token
tools/gcc/colorize_plugin.c:112:3: error: expected primary-expression before ‘.’ token
tools/gcc/colorize_plugin.c:113:3: error: expected primary-expression before ‘.’ token
tools/gcc/colorize_plugin.c:115:3: error: expected primary-expression before ‘.’ token
tools/gcc/colorize_plugin.c:116:3: error: expected primary-expression before ‘.’ token
tools/gcc/colorize_plugin.c:117:3: error: expected primary-expression before ‘.’ token
tools/gcc/colorize_plugin.c:118:3: error: expected primary-expression before ‘.’ token
tools/gcc/colorize_plugin.c:119:3: error: expected primary-expression before ‘.’ token
tools/gcc/colorize_plugin.c:120:3: error: expected primary-expression before ‘.’ token
tools/gcc/colorize_plugin.c:122:2: warning: extended initializer lists only available with -std=c++0x or -std=gnu++0x [enabled by default]
cc1plus: warning: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-narrowing" [enabled by default]
make[3]: *** [tools/gcc/colorize_plugin.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [gcc-plugins] Error 2
make[1]: *** [deb-pkg] Error 2
make: *** [deb-pkg] Error 2
Sim

Re: Linux-Libre + Grsecurity

Postby PaX Team » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:40 pm

i don't know the linux-libre kernel, grsec is created against the vanilla kernel.org kernel, anything else needs a port. so the first thing you have to ensure is that any rejects got properly resolved when you applied the grsec patch. second, you'll have to have the gcc plugin headers installed (usually a separate package from gcc) if you want to use the gcc plugin based features.
PaX Team

Re: Linux-Libre + Grsecurity

Postby Sim » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:58 pm

The linux-libre kernel is supported by the free software foundation (http://www.fsfla.org/ikiwiki/selibre/linux-libre/). This kernel contains only free software.

I tried a different compiler and now everything works well. Thanks again!
Sim

Return to grsecurity support