It turned out, that all applications trying to use the sound services now also fiddle around with shm because of the bloody pulseaudio.
If somebody uses a system-wide instance, it won't use /dev/shm. But this method has drawbacks, including some security implications.http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Softwar ... SystemWidehttp://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Softwar ... SystemWide
However I've discovered the /etc/pulse/daemon.conf and client.conf configuration files, where I could explicitly disable the use of shm. That is told to increase memory usage, but I have plenty of it.http://linux.die.net/man/5/pulse-daemon.conf
It turned out, that pulseaudio is not running after logging in. Despite I disabled realtime and nice features as well (both by the configuration files and command line options), pulseaudio still tries to renice itself. If I try to start it while RBAC is enabled, the daemon cannot start. If I disable RBAC, the daemon starts, but pavucontrol dosen't show the proper audio devices, only the Ati FIrePro's HDMI stuff. I think I also have to alter some other config files in order to get it running. Although I'm completely satisfied by ALSA alone. I have to increase logging limits for the RBAC and study system logs what happens. I also check how I can handle the niceness of the daemon. I will try to look into it tomorrow. At least disabling shm usage makes the original problem go away. I may also give a try for shm, just for checking out the inodes you've requested.
Pulseaudio will surely give me some headaches.